LIVE at PORT Season 2 | Call for Entries
LIVE at PORT | OPEN CALL
At PORT, we are committed to serving delicious home-style food, excellent coffee and more recently beer, wine, and classic cocktails.
We believe that food and drink are diverse connectors that enable vital conversations and exchanges. Founded with the same principles as that of G5A Foundation for Contemporary Culture – Official, the cultural community centre it is housed in, PORT also supports new and experimental voices in the arts.
For the second season of LIVE at PORT, we’re looking for new artistic work in the performing arts that is exceptional in quality, thought-provoking, bold and experimental. Our aim is to enable the discovery of brilliant new work for audiences and support artists in their journey.
The shortlisted work will be professionally recorded at PORT and premiered on G5A’s new website in a fortnightly series. The artist will receive this audio and video recording of the performance for their own usage. All rights to the work will remain with the artist.
The selected artists will also become a part of G5A’s curated roster for future programming and sponsored performances. G5A is also open to featuring solo shows of selected artists at the G5A Black Box subject to further discussion.
WHAT ARE THE SUBMISSION CRITERIA?
· No age limit
· Open to amateur and professional artists
· All nationalities are eligible but have to be based out of or visiting Mumbai
· Work demonstrates adequate technical knowledge
· Work is thought-provoking and new
· Work can be in any language
· Work is original and consists of a performance in the areas of music, poetry, storytelling, theatre (only solo acts) or an intersection of these genres
· Total duration of work submitted is 15 minutes or more, consisting of one or more pieces
· Work is previously unpublished
WHAT SHOULD THE ENTRY CONTAIN?
· Clear audio and/or video recordings of original new work or links to such recordings.
· Such work, consisting of one or more pieces, should amount to at least 15 minutes.
· Personal details: full name, a short bio (between 100-200 words), high-res photo
· A brief note presenting the artist’s approach or context to the work shared.
· Additionally, though not mandatorily, the artist may add in their email why they think the digital medium of publishing their work is important and how they plan to use the said video and/or audio recording in the future. This is not a criterion for selection, but just something we’d like to know.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Submission for LIVE at PORT 2019”.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
11:59 PM, December 02, 2018
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SHORTLIST
December 15, 2018