We are always looking to collaborate with creative, like-minded people, so if you have an interesting idea to share, or you’d like to intern or volunteer with us, let us know and say hello!
Get in touch
Send us your CV or simply write to us
Comedy Producer (Soho Theatre)
Work Experience: 4+ years
G5A is seeking a Comedy Producer (Soho Theatre), Mumbai as a part of a collaborative working agreement to support the ambitious growth of Soho Theatre’s programme in India, and its collaboration with G5A. With a key focus on comedy, this is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role as Soho Theatre and G5A further develop work, projects and relationships in Mumbai and the UK, and establish a creative cultural exchange.
Soho Theatre is London’s most vibrant producer of new theatre, comedy, and cabaret. It has a strong track-record and is a market-leading brand in the UK comedy industry. It has its own venue in the heart of London’s West End, and regularly takes work to the Edinburgh Fringe and on tour in the UK and internationally. Under the banner Soho Theatre Live, Soho Theatre produces filmed versions of its comedy shows which can be seen on Amazon Prime UK, its own inflight channel on British Airways and a Soho Theatre On Demand player.
For over a decade, Soho Theatre has worked collaboratively to present UK and international work in India, and to present Indian performers on its own stages, at the Edinburgh Fringe and on tour in the UK. This has predominately been in comedy but has also included the presentation of new plays, education projects in schools and artist development programmes.
Soho Theatre’s ambition is to increase its comedy work in India, establishing a financially sustainable model to regularly present UK and international comedians in India, both live and through the development of its streaming platform or digital partnerships. Soho Theatre will also continue to bring Indian performers to UK audiences, including the new 1,000 capacity Soho Theatre Walthamstow set to open in 2023 in East London. Alongside comedy, Soho Theatre will also bring other theatre and work with other programmes as opportunities allow.
This role is an integral part of a collaborative working agreement between G5A and Soho Theatre. The position is based at G5A in Mumbai but will require travel to Soho Theatre in London, and throughout August will be based in Edinburgh to support Soho Theatre’s wide- ranging programme there. The Comedy Producer (Soho Theatre), Mumbai will be part of a six- strong team in London contributing to the overall programme.
Designation: Comedy Producer (Soho Theatre), Mumbai
Responsible to: Executive Director, Soho Theatre & Associate Artistic Director, G5A
Working with: Head of Comedy, Soho Theatre
Purpose of Job: to support Soho’s work in India and with Indian artists, and build their brand
to help establish an international comedy programme and audience at G5A
to strengthen the working relationship across Soho and G5A, and lead to new opportunities and collaborations.
- Work with the Soho Theatre Executive Director, Head of Comedy, and other Heads of Departments to create an annual programme of shows and projects in Mumbai
- Maintain good working relationships with organisations and artists of importance to Soho Theatre
- Support the Comedy Team in all aspects of touring artists in Mumbai
- Host artists during their stay in the city and anticipate and manage their needs withinagreed schedules and budgets
- Work with the Communications Department to ensure all relevant promotional materialsfor venue promoters, website touring pages and promoter databases are updatedregularly
- Work with the team to develop a financially sustainable model for Soho Theatre toregularly present live comedy in Mumbai, including exploring corporate events,partnerships and sponsorships
- Provide producing and administrative support to artists and/or the Soho Theatre teamsvisits to Mumbai
- Work with the team to identify new comedy talent in Mumbai and work with Soho team topresent Indian artists in London and Edinburgh
- Work with team to contribute to the development of Soho’s digital content in India throughcollaborations, partnerships and/or Soho’s own platform
- Attend production meetings when required
- Schedule, organise and attend all company hospitality events; at rehearsals, previewsand end of runs
- Manage guest night invitation lists, alongside the Creative, Communications andDevelopment teams in London
- Actively seek new partners and grow/sustain good relationships with existing externalpartners (e.g. theatres, agents, artists)
- Support external projects where Soho Theatre is a partner
- Be a part of Soho’s comedy team and make at least three annual working visits to the UK,including attending Edinburgh Fringe
- Contribute towards potential artist development projects
Finance & Reporting
- Work to an annual budget, reporting on expenditure and ensuring internal records and forecasts are kept up to date
- Support the negotiation of financial deals and headline contract terms with co-producers, venue and festival presenters, and other relevant organisations
- Establish strong relationships across Mumbai comedy industry and represent Soho’s interest with them
- Attend read-throughs, sharings, previews, press and supporters nights and other events as required
- Administrate all aspects of the role, including filing and record keeping and reporting as required
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be appropriate to the post, as agreed with the Executive Director
Work in the UK
This role will require up to 10 weeks working in the UK, in London and Edinburgh. Candidates must have a valid passport.
Senior Social Media & Communications Manager
Work Experience: 4+ years
This candidate will be responsible for managing G5A’s communications and media channels, overseeing all internal and external communications, and ensuring our message is consistent and engaging. They will manage our image in a holistic way by coordinating strategies with the larger Communications, Forum and Development teams, and ensure smooth execution of approved strategies.
Main duties also include:
creating original text and video content
managing post schedules and digital calendar
preparing media reports, press releases and other marketing collaterals
Fluency with Adobe Suite is a must, along with knowledge of the latest digital technologies and social media trends. They should have excellent design and writing skills and must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to Senior Lead, Communications
Junior Graphic designer
Work Experience: 1 to 3 years
This candidate will join G5A’s Communications team to ensure execution of high quality designed outcomes on a variety of projects ranging from social media, branding, and marketing.
The Junior Designer will work with senior members of the department to develop and deliver carefully crafted graphical solutions for print and digital applications, aligned closely with brand guidelines and larger strategies. Knowledge of Adobe Suite is a must, along with a proactive spirit to learn in an agile, ever-changing environment.
They must have a strong base of typography and layout skills. Knowledge of animation, illustration and photography are a plus!