The Seeing Hand with Shailee Mehta and Aditi
This is the first weekend in a series of 5 workshops. Facilitators for workshop 01: Shailee Mehta and Aditi from Baadalghar | An experimental approach to figure drawing
- 2 days interactive workshop (10:00 to 17:00)
- practical drawing experience
- body movement activities
- exploring light and shadow
- look at drawing as a process and a performance
- understand how the body can be drawn in various forms
- bridge the gap between self-perception and actions & gestures
- observational exercises that help look at what it means to be intimate with one’s environment and community
- learning to think of our bodies in a context and not something separate from our environment
- anyone wanting to explore new ways of interacting with their environment
- anyone wanting to develop perspectives on artistic process and vision
- drawing skills not a pre-requisite
We are delighted to welcome you to the G5A warehouse! Please respect our COVID-19 precautions during your visit:
- While we welcome and check you in, there will be temperature checks and sanitization facilities at our entrance.
- Please show your identity proof and double vaccination certificate at the entrance. Entry into the program will only be permitted on display of this certificate.
- We request you to follow physical distancing norms at all times, and wear your masks whenever applicable.
- G5A reserves the right to deny entry to any attendee on grounds of not complying with Covid-19 protocols.
Please also note:
- Each pass is non-transferrable, and admits entry to one person only.
- A part of this two-day workshop will be conducted at the G5A Study, which is located one level up. There is no elevator facility at the premises.
- This workshop will consist of activities that will require moving around the G5A warehouse, and sitting / lying on floor surfaces.
- Participants can avail of a 10% discount on food and beverage at PORT Kitchen & Bar.
G5A is a not-for-profit organization that encourages contemporary art and culture that is experimental and courageous, good governance that is inclusive and participatory, and ecosystems that are equitable and resilient.