Balancing Craftsmanship and Expression
Often, in the pursuit of perfecting technique, we lose sight of the subtle nuances and emotions of a performance. With Morning Riyaaz, season 02, Aditya Khandwe shares insight into his practice – accentuating the pauses, silences, and expressions that are intrinsic to a performance. We join him as he navigates the spaces within the frameworks of a raag to ensure its true expression.
Morning Riyaaz, a music practice series, brings back the relevance of pre-dawn discipline and rigor in the traditional arts repertoire, where we understand the importance and nuances of practice. In each session, the artist sheds light on the elements that emerge during one’s practice, lingering on questions, reflections, and realisations.
To begin Season 02 of our Morning Riyaaz we have Aditya Khandwe (Vocals), Rigved Deshpande (Tabla), and Siddhesh Bicholkar (Harmonium)
We are delighted to welcome you to the G5A warehouse! Please respect our COVID-19 precautions during your visit:
- While we welcome and check you in, there will be temperature checks and sanitization facilities at our entrance.
- Please show your double vaccination certificate at the entrance. Entry into the program will only be permitted on the display of this certificate.
- We request you to follow physical distancing norms at all times and wear your masks whenever applicable.
- G5A reserves the right to deny entry to any attendee on grounds of not complying with Covid-19 protocols.
- The performance will take place on the Terrace, which is located on the first floor, and there is no elevator service available.
- There is limited seating available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
G5A is a not-for-profit organization that encourages contemporary art and culture that is experimental and courageous, good governance that is inclusive and participatory, and ecosystems that are equitable and resilient.